In the year 1995, His Holiness Nachiyappa Swamigal chose the life of Sanyasam at athe age of 72, while at the peak of His professional achievements as an internationally popular photographer and printer.
On the very first day as Madathipathy of Koviloor Adheenam, he started the Nursery and Primary school. He continued to open educational institutions one after another till he attained Samadhi on 3 rd October 2011.
Various courses in all the Traditional Arts related to temple were started. During 2003 the Montessori School was started followed by Koviloor Andavar College of physical Education in the year 2007, Nachiappa Swamigal polytechnic College in 2009,Koviloor Andavar Matriculation school and a Community college in 2010. Nachiyappa Swamigal Arts and Science College is being started during the academic year 2013-2014.
Our founder’s dream was to make Koviloor an educational hub providing opportunities for the youth to realize their potential.
Our present Adheenam Sri La Sri Meyyappa Gnana Desiga Swamigal spares no pains to realize the dreams of our Founder.
SCHOOL RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- This Handbook must be brought to the school on all working days.
- Discipline and punctuality is a must. The children should be present in the school premises at 9.30am. positively (School Hours:9.40 am to 3.50pm)
- All students should be habitually clean and neatly dressed. Full school uniform is to be worn on all class days.
- Leave will not be granted except on written application on valid reason from the parent or Guardian. In case of long leave on ground of illness,
- a Medical Certificate has to be produced at the time of rejoining.
- Textbooks and notebooks must be covered with brown wrapper and maintained properly.
- Students are responsible for the safety of their belongings. They should not wear gold ornaments.
- Without the permission of the Teacher, no student should go out when the classes are going on.
RECOMMENDATION TO PARENTS:
- To achieve the best in the education of the child, parents are requested to co-operate with the school authorities and play their part by enforcing regularity, discipline and study habits in their children.
- To see that children prepare their lessons well at home, do their homework daily and submit it for checking and take active interest all school activities.
- To check the school diary and follow up the remarks and instructions given from time to time.
- To send their children to school neatly dressed in full uniform and well equipped.
- Parents/Guardians are requested to visit the school and enquire from the Headmistress and class teachers about the progress of their wards. Parents should get permission from the Headmistress before they consult the concerned teachers.
- Parents/Guardians must sign the statement they will abide by the rules and regulations of the school.
- Parents are requested to note the working hours of the school in the school diary and strictly observe the timings.